Signature of the agreement between Sinhá Junqueira Foundation and the Medical School for the establishment of the General Hospital.9/3/1953
Sinhá Junqueira Foundation building under construction, after signature of the agreement with the Medical School for the establishment of the General Hospital (current Emergency Care Unit).23/12/1955
First surgery performed on August 6, 1956 by Professor Rui Ferreira Santos team.
First medical visit to the surgical ward, on the subsequent day of the first patients’ hospitalization.1956
Signature of the agreement for the design and construction of the General Hospital on campus in November.1962
The first kidney transplant with deceased donor in Latin America was performed at the General Hospital by Professor Antonio Carlos Pereira Martins team.1968
Establishment of the Human Milk Bank – Breastfeeding Support Center. Currently this center is an Acclaimed Reference Center for the inland of São Paulo State.1976
Opening of the Outpatient at the General Hospital on campus. At that time 700 medical appointments were performed a day; at present, more than 3 thousand medical appointments are performed.1977
The General Hospital launches its headquarters on Campus. It relied on 525 beds and provided 700 medical appointments per day. The first well-equipped hospital was founded to assist the population of Ribeirão Preto, surroundings and part of our country.
The first surgery on Campus was performed on March 28, 1978, by Professor Ruy Ferreira Santos team.1978
Visit of the Governor of the State of São Paulo Paulo Egydio Martins and local authorities for the General Hospital on campus opening.
The Burn Care Unit of the HCFMRP-USP opening, unique on the region, with capacity for 16 beds.1982
Early Childhood Community Center opening. A great advantage for the General Hospital employees1983
Poisoning Control Center opening.1984
Establishment of FAEPA - Foundation for Support to Teaching, Research and Assistance of HCFMRP-USP. An evolution to support and streamline administration.1988
Inauguration of the Service of Assisted Reproduction of the Human Reproduction Sector of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, the first and only public service of the city, the service helps to fulfill the dream of many women who cannot have children. The GH first test-tube baby was born in 1993.
Eye Bank Opening. It is considered among the best in the country in 17 years of operation.
Eye Bank Opening. It is considered among the best in the country. In 17 years of operation it has collected about 3 thousand corneas for transplant.1989
Establishment of the Regional Hemotherapy Center. The Ribeirão Blood Center is a reference in the collection, processing and distribution of blood in the region. The Blood Center has the highest standard of excellence and reliability, being certified by ISO 9001:2000 and the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB).1990
In September 1992, the first bone marrow transplant was carried out under the supervision of Professor Júlio Voltarellli.1992
Inauguration of the new Blood Center facilities in September to meet the growing demand. The bank has been operating with guidelines from the National Blood and Blood Derivatives Program of the Ministry of Health and the Master Plan for Blood and Blood Derivatives of the State of São Paulo.1994
In June, the Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit of the HCFMRP-USP had its own facilities with 4 beds. It is the fourth center in the country.
Center for Epilepsy Surgery – CIREP was inaugurated. It is one of the most advanced centers in this specialty, developing pioneering technology in the treatment of the disease.
The Specialized Unit for Infectious Diseases (UETDI) was inaugurated in August. Under the care of a highly specialized team, the Unit supports not only the treatment of immediate patients but also the preventive education.1996
Signing of the scientific collaboration agreement for the creation of clinical research and treatment of fracture surgery, making the HC a reference center in Latin America in the treatment of fractures.
Beginning of the Electronic Prescription. An important breakthrough in medical informatics.1998
Launch of the Telemedicine System.1999
Change in the assistance system. Every patient duly referred has his or her medical appointment guaranteed.2000
Inauguration of the Integrated Center for CISA Support Services.
First Liver Transplantation performed in Ribeirão Preto region.
The General Hospital receives the Hospital Quality Award in the National Category. A total of 6,493 hospitals were evaluated in the country, between public and private hospitals.
The CIREP was chosen by the Ministry of Health to be the Regulatory Center for Epilepsy Surgeries nationwide in December. .2001
The Team of Prof. Júlio Voltarelli performs the first stem cell transplant in Brazil for the treatment of lupus.
The Hospital receives the Hospital Quality Award from the Ministry of Health.
The Team of Prof. Julio Voltarelli and Prof. Amilton Barreira performs the first stem cell transplant in Brazil for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
The Hospital receives the Baby-Friendly Hospital Certificate.2002
The Team of Prof. Júlio Voltarelli performs the first stem cell transplant in the world for the treatment of Type 1 Diabetes.
The HCFMRP Hospital Class program was selected as a Good Practice initiative by the UN-HABITAT Agency of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme.
First cochlear implant surgery.2004
The Team of Prof. Júlio Voltarelli performs the first stem cell transplant in Brazil for the treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
A double transplant of kidney and liver was carried out for the first time in the region.
Construction of the HC Criança. First public hospital in the interior with its features.2005
Final stage of construction of the Rehabilitation Center - CER. Unique specialized in high complexity in the region.
The new facilities of the Milk Bank and the Division of Nutrition and Dietetics of the General Hospital on campus were inaugurated.2006
The Hospital joined the Commitment Program with Hospital Quality - CQH.2007
The Reference Center for Women's Health of Ribeirão Preto - MATER was inaugurated.2009
The HCFMRP-USP, with the mediation of FAEPA, takes the control of the Hospital Estadual de Américo Brasiliense. Along with the State Hospital of Ribeirão Preto, they became part of the Hospital Complex managed by HCFMRP-USP/FAEPA.2010
In July, at the Emergency Care Unit, the Human Tissue Bank was inaugurated, the first Multi-Tissue Bank in the inland of São Paulo State.2011
Beginning of ambulatory care in the new facilities of HC Criança.2015
Opened of parking lot for over 800 cars.
The HC Criança is inaugurated with the presence of the State Governor.2017